Welcome to Inkscribes!

A small scribble on the rather large face of the internet.
Follow Me

Drabble Mondays



By  Alyssa Cormier     12:47 AM     
Monday's will be for 100 word Drabbles. 12:46am on Monday but I haven't been to sleep yet and it doesn't change over to the next day until I actually do. :P

Werewolves and Periods

A groan crawled its way out of my throat, tearing as it went. I pulled my legs to my chest and shuttered as something twisted inside me. My fingers curled and clawed at the sheet as I rocked myself, hoping for a reprieve.
When it finally came I breathed a long sigh and my body hummed. In that single moment, being pain free felt like being on drugs.
Then the pain returned, tenfold, and I clenched my teeth as I tilted my head to stare out the window at the night sky.
A full blood moon stared back at me.

I thought it was an interesting premise for a story. One I'd definitely like to turn into something longer. But then, I always want to do that. I dunno, I'd consider the next time you see a female friend though. I mean, what if she isn't on her period? What if she's just doing all she can to hold back the transformation?

Heh. Yep, my first drabble is about periods. Run while you can.



About Alyssa Cormier

Born in Newfoundland and currently living in Ontario. Alyssa lives with a house full of boys, 3 sons and a husband. She is a Writer, Artist and Artisan. Who, along with running an online shop called The Night Craft, takes custom commissions, and continiously works on her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment