Welcome to Inkscribes!

A small scribble on the rather large face of the internet.
Follow Me

C is for...



By  Alyssa Cormier     3:50 PM    Labels:,,,,, 

Camelot


     I tripped into a small clearing and jumped to my feet, brushing myself off before someone saw me.
     There was no one.
     Everyone discounted me as fanatical.
     But I couldn't be wrong. Not this time.
     The forest around me was ancient, undisturbed. Through the clearing a tree-covered hill rose, a small overgrown river flowed from it.
     I blocked out the sun with my hand. Was that a spot of grey?
     Flying across the clearing, I pushed my way up the hill. Branches whipped my face and rocks bit into my knees when I fell. Exhilaration drove me, my hope a shining star ahead. I couldn't stop, even when my breath became ragged and my knees weakened.
     Warm tingles bloomed within me as I broke the tree line. I sobbed at the sight and with shaking fingers reached out and grazed the coarse weather-worn stone.
     Laughter bubbled from my lips like a fountain.
     Foliage covered the crumbled wall and I moved around the structure until I encountered a flora-filled archway. I gripped the vines at the edge and pulled until I saw the gleam of rough stone. There craved in the white limestone, faded but still legible in winding cursive; Camelot.


About Alyssa Cormier

Born in Newfoundland and currently living in Ontario. Alyssa lives with a house full of boys, 3 sons and a husband. She is a Writer, Artist and Artisan. Who, along with running an online shop called The Night Craft, takes custom commissions, and continiously works on her writing.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I love the idea of Camelot, so your post really spoke to me.

    http://juliesreadingroom.blogspot.com/2016/04/c-crimson-king.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it as well. I actually learned A lot that I had no idea about while researching this. XD

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I wish there was more! Loved it, keep it up! //fellow challenger

    http://www.xoxomake.com/c-is-for-catering/

    ReplyDelete