Welcome to Inkscribes!

A small scribble on the rather large face of the internet.
Follow Me

L is for...



By  Alyssa Cormier     10:35 AM    Labels:,,, 

Lotus Tree


http://panjer.deviantart.com/art/Lotus-Tree-143444374   Our boat crashed on an island. In its center stood a large tree with a crooked trunk; its branches were covered in white flowers; Red juicy fruit hung from each flower.
“Wow, I've never see anything like it,” Rim said.
“Is it edible?”
He plucked a piece and pulled it apart. The inside was the color of a graph fruit and it looked like a cross between a pomegranate and an orange.
The smell wrapped around me and I took it from Rim. "If I die, don't eat it," I said, and took a bite. The juice washed over my tongue, both sweet and tart. "Amazing."
There was enough to get us...to get us where?
I took another bite and smiled as the day turned to night and I gazed up at the sky. I had never seen those constellations before.
Strange.
“Wait,” I said, and stumbled to my feet. “Are we...do we need to be somewhere?”
“Um, no?” Rim laughed. “Why would we need to be anywhere but here?”
“I don't know,” I said. I took another bite of the fruit. “I just thought...” I thought perhaps we were lost and people were waiting for us. We needed to go, didn't we?
“I like it here,” Rim said, smiling.
I agreed. I liked it here too.

About Alyssa Cormier

Born in Newfoundland and currently living in Ontario. Alyssa lives with a house full of boys, 3 sons and a husband. She is a Writer, Artist and Artisan. Who, along with running an online shop called The Night Craft, takes custom commissions, and continiously works on her writing.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, well, you know these posts are killing me because I have to figure out what happens next. Is her name Eve, by any chance? ;)

    http://juliesreadingroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. Hah, I didn't make the connection to Eve but that's really interesting way to take it. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Excellent Writing! I can smell the tree from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to arrive there too! :D
    And the drawing is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you arrive there you might never leave! If you click on the image you'll be taken to the artist page who made the image. It is a lovely picture.

      Delete