Welcome to Inkscribes!

A small scribble on the rather large face of the internet.
Follow Me

E is for...



By  Alyssa Cormier     9:16 PM    Labels:,,,,, 

Echtrae


http://pagan-stock.deviantart.com/art/Forest-Path-12-572153967
     The fairy lights sparkled in the woods and I watched from my backyard, legs curled up beneath me, a hot cup of tea clasped in my hands.
     The wind picked up, blowing through the tree tops and I pulled my shawl tighter. The lights in the woods scattered with the breeze and disappeared into the darkness.
     My heart thumped against my ribs as I noticed a person against the tree line.
     "...Leah..."
     My name carried on the wind and I jumped up splashing hot tea on myself. I cursed and dropped my cup, and cursed again. Anger overtook fear as my favourite cup shattered against the deck.
     "...Leah..."
     "What?!" Any other choice words caught in my throat. The being stood in the middle of the field now, and the moonlight played off his long white hair; his pale skin glistened; and his eyes, blue as sapphires, pleaded with me.
     "...Leah..."
     I tried to speak; I needed a drink, something stronger than tea. I swallowed and tried again. "Yes?"
     The man, definitely not just a man, didn't speak. Instead he turned and walked away.
     "W-wait," I said, but he kept moving, across the field and into the forest. My feet moved with a will of their own, the cool grass tickling the soles as I followed.

About Alyssa Cormier

Born in Newfoundland and currently living in Ontario. Alyssa lives with a house full of boys, 3 sons and a husband. She is a Writer, Artist and Artisan. Who, along with running an online shop called The Night Craft, takes custom commissions, and continiously works on her writing.

2 comments: