Welcome to Inkscribes!

A small scribble on the rather large face of the internet.
Follow Me

R is for...



By  Alyssa Cormier     9:51 AM    Labels:,,, 

Rama Empire


     The dark grey flakes caught in my hair and I brushed them away. I wiped the tears from my face, smearing the dirt as I watched the city burn. The large beam slowly razed the city, glowing like heaven fire in the night and the fire raged onward.
     I stood on the hill overlooking the chaos, my heart in my throat.
     "It's the Kapilla's Glance, the Atlantian weapon. Again," a tall boy said, stepping next to me.
     "Why are they doing this?"
     "The Empire has gotten too strong, too powerful."
     Even as he spoke, a blue blast erupted from the city of Lothal; the psychics defense, and slowly enveloped the Kapilla's Glance beam, breaking it apart and dissolving it into tiny particles until it shattered and small flecks of light floated heavenward.
     How could destruction be so beautiful?
     The boy reached out and pinched a grey flake from my hair, rubbing it beneath his fingers. "There will be no need to bury the dead."
     I held out my hands and stared wide-eyed as the ash of my people covered them. Tears flowed down my cheeks and I gasped for air, cradling my hands to my chest.
     The Rama Empire would fall and the Atlantian's would be the cause.

About Alyssa Cormier

Born in Newfoundland and currently living in Ontario. Alyssa lives with a house full of boys, 3 sons and a husband. She is a Writer, Artist and Artisan. Who, along with running an online shop called The Night Craft, takes custom commissions, and continiously works on her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment